What We Love
- Waking up to a gang of howler monkeys calling to each other through the jungle canopy, announcing the start of each new day.
- World-class surfing up and down the coast of the Osa Peninsula.
- Accommodations as varied as the country’s biodiversity, from boutique yoga retreats to five-star luxury hotels. This is one of our favorite family trips.
Things To See & Do
- Search the rivers and beaches of Tortuguero National Park and the Osa Peninsula for jaguars, sloths, and poison dart frogs.
- Ascend into the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve on suspended bridges with an expert naturalist who can identify 400 species of birds, thousands of plant genus, and the rarely seen tapir.
- Zip-line through the jungle.
- Ride horses down an empty beach
- Relax in volcanic hot springs or on breathtaking Pacific and Caribbean beaches.
A Costa Rican adventure pairs well with a visit to another biodiverse wonder of the world—the Galápagos Islands—or to other hot destinations in Central and South America.