What We Love
- Getting into the Sistine Chapel before the crowds and marveling at both the ceiling and floor, getting lost in Venice, getting lost in Rome, climbing the Duomo in Florence, truffles on everything, feeling like a movie star on the Amalfi Coast—what’s not to love in a classic, scrumptious trip to the Old Country?
- Taking the family to a villa in the less-visited island of Sicily.
- Wine tasting and pasta eating at gorgeous vineyards in Tuscany and Umbria.
- Stocking up on dishware painted with your favorite family crest in Sienna.
Things To See & Do
- The Italians are infamous queue-cutters. So, when in Rome...let our expert local guides lead the way to experiencing these magnificent cultural sites with requisite efficiency.
- Explore the remains of the Eternal City where your guide walks one through the city’s origins in the eighth century B.C. under twin brothers Romulus and Remus.
- In Florence, join a local art specialist for a tour of the Uffizi Gallery, originally designed to hold the uffizi (administrative offices) of the Medici Grand Duke Cosimo. Gracing its walls are masterpieces such as Caravaggio’s Medusa, Botticelli’s Birth of Venus, Da Vinci’s Annunciation, and Raphael’s Madonna of the Goldfinch.
- Soak it in on the sun-drenched and rugged shores of the Amalfi. Explore steep coastlines, olive groves, fishing villages, and swimming holes.
- Take a day trip from the Amalfi to Capri—or spend the night on Capri and watch the island grow quiet as the day-trippers head home.
- For less-treaded island hopping, try the gorgeous island of Sicily.