Images courtesy A&K
What We Love
- Being draped in a jasmine garland upon arrival is one of our favorite local customs.
- The joyful Thai people believe in the concepts of chai yen (“cool heart”) and sank (“life is pleasure”).
- The country’s 55 million citizens have long been known for their independent spirit and history of rejecting foreign control and colonialism.
- The hospitality and service at the hotels and spas is second to none.
- We especially love the diverse landscapes and architecture, from the glittering temples in the bustling capital to the fertile rice fields, lush tropical rainforests, and beautiful white sand beaches.
- The complex, adventurous flavors in their coconut milk-based cuisine are laced with lemongrass, ginger, coriander, and lots of hot chilis.
Things To See & Do
- Spot wild elephants (and maybe even a tiger or two) in Khao Yai National Park. Hiking trails meander through lush forests featuring waterfalls and cacophonous tropical birds.
- Practice your bargaining skills in the famous floating market in the canals of Bangkok.
- Expand your mind in the swirling kaleidoscope of smells and colors at Chiang Mai's Night Market.
- Plan your trip to coincide with one of the country’s many festivals celebrating Buddhism, the harvest, and past kings.
- Visit the eclectic hill tribe villages in the northern reaches of the country.