What We Love
- The new Vietnam has emerged as a fascinating mix of tradition, colonial influences, and vibrant modernization.
- Spotting all the classic images of farmers working in stepped rice fields in straw conical hats and school girls in flowing white ao dais gracefully pedaling down French-styled boulevards.
- Taking a break from the dizzying hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon) to visit the old imperial capital of Hue.
- Even hyperbole fails us in trying to describe the Bay of Descending Dragons in Halong Bay in Hanoi. The 3,000 rocky islets rising from the water create one of the most awe-inspiring vistas on Earth.
Things To See & Do
- Get a local’s view of Hanoi on a Cyclo.
- For those interested in seeing landmarks from the Vietnam War, the Cu Chi Tunnels are extraordinary. The underground network, which functioned like an underground city, housed hospitals, hiding places, meeting areas, and storage areas for the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese forces. It gives one a new appreciation for what the United States was up against.
- Visit the famous American GI R&R retreat, China Beach. Enjoy endless white sand and clear blue water.