What We Love
- A “long-lost Asia” still exists here in the country’s lush forests, vibrant markets, and iconic rice fields.
- An interesting mix of colonial, Buddhist architecture and Lao wooden homes are tucked side by side on quaint cobblestone streets.
- The lovely Mekong River meanders through large canyons and into the rainforest.
What To Do & See
- Watch the silent procession of young monks accepting alms at dawn.
- Visit the Wat Si Saket Temple in the capitol city of Vientiane and climb the long staircase up to the Phoussy Temple in the former imperial capitol of Luang Prabang.
- Once in Luang Prabang, board a riverboat and drink in stunning mountain vistas and the mystical caves of Pak Ou.
- Spend a day with a hill tribe and learn local trades like the ancient distillation process of Laotian whiskey.